Saturday, June 6, 2009

Latest Update




Here is an update on my Pat Rogers' piece. It is coming right along. It sure has been a pleasure to stitch this. I am learning to relax more and not being so hard on myself. Just stitching where I feel is the best spot. And if Mr. Frogger comes along -- no big.







"Jolly is seventeen. She can't really read. She doesn't have much of a job. And she has two little kids from two different, absent fathers. Jolly knows she can't cope with Jilly and Jeremy all by herself. Se she posts a notice on the school bulletin board: BABYSITTER NEEDED BAD. No one replies but Verna LaVaughn, who's only fourteen. How much help can she be? For a while, Jolly, Jill, Jeremy, and LaVaughn are an extraordinary family. Then LaVaughn takes the first steps toward building her own future, and Jolly begin the long, slow process of turning the lemons of her life into lemonade"


I know it's been a while, that I have posted, but I have been studying for my Intro to World Religions test, some stitching, and reading. Here is the latest book that I have finished. It is a good quick read.
I did not think I would but I got hooked on "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. I have not finished it but I will soon. Anyway, I have started to read Young Adult Lit. My first book was "The Golden Compass". Another one I have not finished but will in the future. While at the library the other day I found this.

1 comment:

Meari said...

Your Pat Rogers piece is really pretty. :) You're making nice progress.