Monday, November 16, 2009

Tulsa Fall Retreat











These are pics I took at the retreat. The group picture was the winners of the stitching competition. We were all invited to compete. There also was a name tag competition. I will be more prepared for the next one. The single lady in the one picture is Cindy. She owns the stitching store that ran the retreat. There is a medium size refrig behind her and that was stocked with pop and water. And on the table that she is standing by always had food on it for us to snack on. Our accommodations were excellent. They were cabins with 4 rooms with 2 double beds. It had a large table, a couch, and more chairs. There was a TV, microwave, and a small frig in the cabin. Very clean. The retreat started on Friday night and last till noon on Sunday. There were 4 classes. The classes had many different stitches to learn and different mediums. I am learning to stitch with ribbon and velvet. I picked up a tool to make sure that the ribbon and velvet lay flat on the surface. I even bought some q-snaps. Oh my gosh. I LOVE them. I met some really nice ladies and we are planning to meet at the spring retreat.

No comments: